I mostly hate celebrations, if you have been following my blog for a while OR you know me personally then you know this much!
Uff the tradition of celebrating New Year’s, I hate it from the bottom of my heart. And yes my generation calls me hopeless and a waste for that. But what people don’t get is, well its just not me. It’s freaking unlike me to indulge in any crazy party on New Year’s!
How difficult is it to understand that my childhood and the culture I had, has never ever left me any need to celebrate the New Years the way people do ;-(! But yes we grew up and people around me expected me to have a little fun. But I can’t. I just can’t make myself do something I don’t like.
I love to celebrate my Birthday or Valentine’s day or Anniversary – let alone the agony it creates at times but I still genuinely love it.. But certainly not New Year’s! Although, I never have problem with what others choose to do, I love it when my friends and family enjoy the day the way they want, its satisfactory to see that.
I just have never been in an environment where celebrations were frequent and necessary. And quite frankly I love it that way! Somehow, I feel okay and contended without them..
I know I am being selfish here, by ranting about what I don’t like. When the other part of the story is, your husband and friends expecting you to be there and celebrate. They love partying, they love the night outs, Music and chilling around. And that’s why I always keep my innate feelings aside and well celebrate! But I hate it when I leave for home early, keep shut and just listen, don’t contribute, lack the excited face and most of all be the same odd girl out almost always. How do I explain to people that I don’t want to be a spoil sport in any party..
God should have made me a crazy party hopper mannn.. I’m telling you, Life would have been so simpler then 😉
Although there are some not so young and a bit unexciting ways I would love to celebrate my New Year’s..
1. Conversations and Him – Sipping Jacob’s Creek Rose with Chocolate Pastry and some music in the background on the Terrace of your home! Don’t forget the to Lit the terrace, ahhhh goosebumps!
2. Stories and friends – Cook together, Drink together, Cut a cake if you wish to and Talk, Dance and share your life! Well just create some cherishing memories..
3. Seek the moment with Family – Watch Andaz Apna Apna with parents, Brother and Husband.. Sip wine if Dad allows and just chill, Talk, Have Choco-Chips Ice-cream and munch on chips! That would be perfect..
4. Go Solo & Read – Read a novel, Romance with the favorite character, Live in the plot, Write a little and Sip on Wine, have a Pizza and just sleep after a while! Absolute Bliss..
5. Push Off Abroad, preferably alone – Go somewhere no one knows you, Walk the entire city alone, Observe what people are doing, Have conversations with strangers, Create memories with yourself and just do as you please! Ohhh mannn, when will I do this?
There will be hardly anyone who would like my options..What can I say, probably its just me who think of celebrations as a little misery 😉
Having said that, I wish all of you to have a great New Year’s Bash and all the fun possible.. I promise I will not criticize 😉